Monday, November 9, 2009

Apple Maple Turkey Burgers with Maple Dijon Sauce


I love, love, love hamburgers!  My favorite is a traditional beef burger with blue cheese, bacon, lettuce and tomato-and a side of pommes frites to finish off my high calorie fantasy.  Another fantasy is living a long life as a thin woman so I am always looking for lower calorie recipes. Earlier in the week I tried this turkey burger recipe from Sandra Lee of the Food Network.  www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sandra-lee/apple-maple-turkey-burgers-with-maple-dijon-sauce-recipe/index.html.

Bacon bits, maple syrup and applesauce are mixed with ground turkey adding smokey and sweet flavors, producing wonderful textures and a moist burger.  The original recipe uses mayo in the sauce, which I substituted half with nonfat Greek yogurt.  I served the burgers on my favorite low calorie, high fiber Arnold Select Multigrain Sandwich Thins with roasted brussels sprouts and Trader Joe's box macaroni and cheese.  The macaroni got my children to the table and the maple syrup I drizzled on their burgers enticed them to try something new.  

Perdue Ground Turkey is currently on sale, buy one get one free, at Dominick's.  Stock up your freezer for this burger recipe and many more that I will be posting!

**The picture attached to this post was copied from the Food Network website**

  


No comments:

Post a Comment