Saturday, February 6, 2010

Super Bowl Treats


Here are a few recipes for yummy Super Bowl munchies. Party on!!

1 minute Trader Joe's Easy Guac/Salsa Dip

1 avocado
1 jar Trader Joe's Garlic Chipotle Salsa

Cut avocado into small pieces and place in bowl. Add salsa and combine. Mash avocado slightly if you prefer a less chunky dip. Serve with Trader Joe's Multigrain Tortilla Chips

**If you've never tried Trader Joe's Mulitigrain Tortilla Chips, now is the time!! I can't live without them and prefer them to regular tortilla chips. Sure, it's still a chip, but at least these have a little fiber!

Broiled Buffalo Chicken Wings

Once upon a time my husband and I would play "Bar". I would fry up chicken wings while he watched, waited for a freshly fried and sauced wing, and drank cold beer. Those were the days before children, when I was a low carb lover and fried wings were almost considered healthy? I haven't seen my fryer in years and when I saw this recipe for Broiled Wings I was intrigued. Ina uses the same sauce I used to make for my fried wings, but there is no fryer mess or gallons of oil. It is all about the sauce-Franks Red Hot all the way and a good blue cheese dip. Definitely give this wing recipe a try.

Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin Chili
**See 11/12/09 Post for this recipe**

I made this super easy chili again the other day and my husband says it's the best chili he's ever eaten. I love it because it is so easy to make and for the low calorie, low fat factor. Why would you pass up an opportunity to use your slow cooker?!

Best Box Mix Brownies and Peanut Butter Icing

1 package Ghiradelli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix

Prepare brownies according to box directions. Either cook in a Pyrex dish or spoon into greased mini muffin tins and bake according to time and temp on box. When cooled top with peanut butter icing.

This icing is the my all time favorite. It is so rich, creamy, and delicious you will want to skip the brownie and eat it with a spoon.

Original recipe found on Food Network Website.

Kathleen's Peanut Butter Icing:

  • 1 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/3 cup heavy cream

Place the confectioners' sugar, peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on medium-low speed until creamy, scraping down the bowl with a rubber spatula as you work. Add the cream and beat on high speed until the mixture is light and smooth.

2 comments:

  1. As always, love your posts!! I thought I would share a fabulous Chicken Wing Recipe Scott and I made last night. Baked Parmesan Chicken Wings...they were fabulous and really easy. Right up your alley.
    http://blogs.discovery.com/tlc-steamy-kitchen/2010/01/baked-parmesan-garlic-chicken-wings.html
    Sarah C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm definitely checking them out. Steve loves that sort of stuff!

    ReplyDelete