Friday, February 26, 2010

Slow Cooker Lasagna


I have said before that I love to eat lasagna, but not so much a fan of the cooking process. So, I was thrilled when a friend from church sent me this Weight Watcher's recipe for Slow Cooker Lasagna. There is still some pan cooking involved, but all in all this is a very easy and tasty lasagna recipe. My husband said it was the best lasagna he's ever had!


Just a few notes: The recipe uses no cook pasta. I used whole wheat lasagna noodles which I boiled briefly because I was afraid they wouldn't cook within the 4 hour cooking period. They were a little mushy so I'm thinking I could have just skipped that step and put them in dry. Also, I added some chopped sun dried tomatoes to my sauce and a little goat cheese to the ricotta, mozzarella mixture, both of which I already had in my fridge. It just made for a richer lasagna, but I'm sure the original is great on it's own.

Don't miss this one!! A great use of the slow cooker without producing a large pot of mushy meat in a sauce. What a nice way to end a busy day-a piping hot plate of comfort food and you barely lifted a finger!

**picture copied from Weight Watcher's website**

No comments:

Post a Comment