Saturday, January 16, 2010

Deals for the week ending 1/20 and Grilled Pork Burgers Indochine


I have to admit that I wasn't really inspired by the sale flyers this week. I've listed the highlights below and a few dinner ideas, but I think I might spend the next few days cleaning out my freezer!

I've also posted the link for Grilled Pork Burgers Indochine, a Food Network recipe that is truly unique and delicious. Ellie Matthews won Food Network's Build a Better Burger 2 Challenge and $50,000 with this burger, and after watching the episode I had to try it. Ginger, garlic, fish sauce, brown sugar, sriracha sauce, star anise and peanut butter combined with ground meat, grilled and topped with lime, basil mayonnaise. Hard to imagine how it will taste, but I can tell you Ellie won $50,000 for a reason! It really is one of the best burgers I've eaten and has become a regular meal in our house.

SUNSET FOODS:
Whole Fryers $.99/lb (save $1.00)
Niman Ranch Boneless Chuck Roast $4.99/lb
Ground Chuck $2.49/lb
Red Grapefruit $.99/lb
Sweet Potatoes $.79/lb
Organic Baby Leaf Salad Blends $2.99 each
Sweet Grape Tomatoes $1.99 each
Sunset Spa's Poached Salmon with Orange Basil Relish $4.98 each (save $1.00)
Sunset Spa's Spinach Stuffed Tomatoes $4.98/lb (save $1.00)
Sunset's Warm Mushroom Salad $7.98/lb (save $2.00)

Look for sale prices on Barilla pastas, canned tomato sauce and paste, Kraft cheeses, Dannon and Oikos yogurts, Weight Watcher's products, and more.

DOMINICK'S
Rancher's Reserve Boneless Top Round London Broil $1.99/lb (save $3.30/lb)
Fresh Perdue Whole Chicken $1.29/lb
Fresh Norwegian Salmon $5.99/lb (save $4.00/lb)
Fresh Lean Ground Beef $1.69/lb (save $1.30/lb)
Fresh Express Complete Salad Kits $1.98 (save $1.51 each)
Fresh Green Beans $1.49/lb
Ruby Red Grapefruit 2/$1.00
Red Roma Tomatoes $1.49/lb
Fresh Strawberries, Blackberries, or Blueberries 2/$6.00

DINNER MENUS

Lemon and Garlic Roast Chicken with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Steamed Green Beans
**Ina Garten is the queen of roasting. For me there is no better source**

Filipino Style London Broil and Mixed Greens Salad

Simple Vinaigrette
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper
1/2 cup-2/3 cup olive oil

Whisk together dijon mustard, garlic, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to taste, in a bowl. Whisk in olive oil, in a slow steady stream, until ingredients are emulsified. Serve with fresh greens.


Grilled Pork Burgers Indochine

**I substitute the pork with ground turkey because that is what I have in my freezer, and ground chicken would also work. Definitely substitute most, or all, of the mayonnaise with Greek yogurt to save calories with the dressing.**



No comments:

Post a Comment