Monday, October 12, 2009

Costco Shopping List

After years of trying to create weekly menus and maintain an organized shopping list, I have come to the conclusion that it's not necessary.  I only make lists when I am making something new and really never go to the grocery store.  I do most of my shopping at Costco.  In the next couple of weeks I will try to do a cost comparison with Costco and other local grocery stores, but for now I have posted my Costco shopping list.  I love that I can buy things in bulk so that my freezer is always stocked with meat and vegetables and my pantry with other essentials.  I also appreciate their organic selections, consistently good produce, and very large boxes of diapers!  I tried to organize the list in order of where the items are located in the Willow Road store.  I think you will see that my list is not very long, but is well rounded.  I can prepare a week's worth of dinners using only items purchased from Costco.

Please share your favorite Costco finds and tricks for storing all of that stuff!  Cost comparisons and more details about the items will be posted soon!

**Items on list are purchased on an "as needed" basis**
    Frozen Sweet Potato Fries

Ketchup and Mustard

Sweet Baby Ray's Barbeque Sauce

Shearer's Reduced Fat Kettle Chips
Riceworks Gourmet Brown Rice Crisps

Kirkland Organic Animal Crackers

Barilla Pasta Plus

Del Monte Organic Canned Diced Tomatoes

Kirkland Organic Strawberry Spread

Kirkland Organic Peanut Butter

Organic Coffee's-various brands depending on what is in stock

Butter, when needed

Organic Eggs

2 % Milk

Frozen Shrimp

Kirkland Normandy Style Frozen Vegetables

Lisa's Organics Frozen Green Beans

Kirkland Mickey Mouse Chicken Nuggets (made with Whole Grains)

Brussel Sprouts when in season

Asparagus when in season
Taylor Fresh Organic Spring Mix (Salad)

English Cucumbers
Fruit-mostly strawberries, raspberries and grapes and sometimes organic

Amy's Sausages
Arnold Select Sandwich Thins
Cheese-all types from Feta to Provolone

Dakota Organic Ground Beef

Flank Steak or Filet Mignon

Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges
Organic Chicken
Pork Tenderloins (4 per package)
Rosen's Whole Wheat Bread (2 loaves in pak)

Tilapia

No comments:

Post a Comment