Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Pork Shoulder


For the sale week ending 10/21, Dominicks is selling pork shoulder for $1.79/lb.  On Sunday, I purchased pork shoulder from Costco at $1.39/lb.  In general, I think that Costco carries better meat than most local grocery stores so if you have room in your freezer to store the 13 lb's of pork shoulder that come in one package, Costco is definitely going to give you more bang for your buck!   Tonight I cooked a pork shoulder recipe from this month's  Food Network magazine that was beyond delicious!

  I am trying very hard to embrace and increase the amount of cooking I do in my slow cooker, or crock pot as most of us know it.  For me, most slow cooker recipes are decent, but in the end the meat tastes boiled and every dish tends to have the same mushy texture.  This recipe was a total surprise!  Not only did the pork have tons of flavor, it was not mushy and was the perfect compliment to the noodles and extra fresh toppings that are added at serving.  I still felt that sense of comfort because dinner was cooking without my physical being and from the wonderful smells throughout my kitchen, but the end result implied that I had been slaving all afternoon!  

www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/asian-pork-with-noodles-recipe/index.html

1 comment:

  1. This was one of the best recipes I have ever tasted. 10 out of 10.

    ReplyDelete