Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ziti with Spinach, Cherry Tomatoes, and Gorgonzola Sauce Revisted

I first posted this recipe back in December and because it is such great recipe I thought it was worth a re post!  Also, I have these amazing baby heirloom tomatoes from my garden that I have been wanting to cook with pasta.  This dish can only be made with fresh tomatoes, making it perfect for my babies.  A quick saute of halved cherry tomatoes in garlic and red pepper, combined with a light, but rich tasting sauce of Gorgonzola cheese and low fat milk.  All of this added to my kids favorite dinner, pasta, and in a matter of minutes we have dinner!

Ziti with Spinach, Cherry Tomatoes, and Gorgonzola 
Cooking Light Magazine



Shrimp is currently on sale at Dominick's and tonight I added sauteed shrimp to our ziti.  Saute shrimp on medium high heat with olive oil, 1 tablespoon chopped garlic, 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp has just turned pink.  Remove from pan and continue with ziti recipe.  Return shrimp to pan with Gorgonzola sauce and ziti before serving.  
The original recipe uses fresh spinach.  I didn't have spinach, so I served it with steamed broccoli and topped off the pasta with fresh basil.  

No comments:

Post a Comment